1. Who are the retailers that I can buy electricity from?
For residential or business consumers in Jurong
If your premise has a postal code starting with 60, 61, 62, 63 or 64, you can buy electricity from any of the participating retailers.
For business consumers with an average monthly consumption of at least 2,000 kWh (approximately $400 in electricity bill)
You can buy electricity from any licensed electricity retailer.
2. How long will the contract with my retailer be?
It depends on the contract which you signed up for. Please check with your retailer for the contract duration of the price plan you wish to sign up, and whether there are any charges for early termination.
3. Where can I get information on the electricity retailers and their price plans?
You can visit www.openelectricitymarket.sg to find out more about the electricity retailers. You can also visit https://compare.openelectricitymarket.sg to compare the standard retail price plans, including value-added services and incentives, that they offer.
4. Are retailers allowed to conduct door-to-door sales to market their price plans and services?
If you are a household consumer, you should not receive any unsolicited visits, calls or messages by any retailer. For greater assurance, please register at www.dnc.gov.sg to be placed on the Do Not Call Registry.
If you are a business consumer, you can register at www.openelectricitymarket.sg to be placed on the Do Not Contact List if you do not wish to receive any marketing or promotional messages by retailers.
To safeguard consumers, all retailers are required to comply with the fair marketing and contracting practices set out under the “Code of Conduct for Retail Electricity Licensees” which include:
- Displaying proper identification of the salesperson and the licensee he/she represents; and
- Prohibition against pressure selling.