- Purchase Options
- Making the Switch
- Metering Options
- Consumer Safeguards
- List of Retailers
- Price Comparison
Learn about the types of meters and metering options, if your business intend to buy electricity from a retailer.
There are two types of electricity meters:
- If your business is currently buying electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff, you are likely to be using a cumulative meter to measure electricity consumption. SP Group sends meter readers to your premises to record your electricity usage from cumulative meters.
- Cumulative meters are read once every two months. On the month where your meter is not read, SP Group will estimate the month's consumption based on a methodology approved by the Energy Market Authority.
- Advanced meters, also known as smart meters or Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) meters, allow electricity consumption to be measured at half-hourly intervals.
- Consumers with advanced meters can view their half-hourly electricity usage on the SP Utilities mobile app.
- There are two types of AMI meters - single-phase and three-phase. The type of meter required for your premises depends on your premises' voltage intake level.
- To empower households to use electricity more efficiently, advanced meters will be installed across Singapore over the next five years.
You can contact SP Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800-233-8000 to find out which type of meter is installed at your premises.