The Open Electricity Market is an initiative by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) that allows you to enjoy more choices and flexibility when buying electricity. You can benefit from competitive pricing and innovative offers from retailers.
With the Open Electricity Market, you have the choice of buying electricity from:
- An electricity retailer at a price plan that best meets your needs; or
- The wholesale electricity market at half-hourly wholesale electricity prices through SP Group; or
- [Default] SP Group at the regulated tariff. No action is required if you choose this option.
5 Key Facts About The Open Electricity Market
- It is not compulsory for you to switch to a retailer. You can continue to buy electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff.
- There is no deadline to switching. Take your time to learn more about your options before deciding to switch.
- Regardless of who you buy your electricity from, your electricity supply will stay the same. This is because SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid and deliver electricity to everyone.
- If you are eligible for U-Save rebates, you will still be able to use them to offset your electricity bill after switching to a retailer.
- Switching is simple. Your retailer will work directly with SP Group to make the switch for you.