- Purchase Options
- Making the Switch
- Metering Options
- Consumer Safeguards
- List of Retailers
- Price Comparison
All retailers are required to conduct fair marketing and contracting practices, in accordance with the Code of Conduct for Retail Electricity Licensees ("the Code"). The Energy Market Authority (EMA) will not hesitate to take action against any retailer for non-compliance of the Code.
Important Points to Take Note
1. You should only buy electricity from retailers participating in Open Electricity Market.
View the list of retailers participating in Open Electricity Market.
2. Before you sign up with a retailer:
- Ask for a Fact Sheet on your preferred price plan and a Consumer Advisory that outlines the important things that you should be aware of before signing up.
- Look out for contractual terms such as contract duration, payment terms, security deposit, early termination charges and auto-renewal clauses.
- Ask if there are any terms and conditions associated with bundled products or services.
- Read through the contract, and ask the retailer to explain the terms and conditions if you do not understand them.
- Take note of any fine print in the contract and keep a copy of the contract for your reference.
3. You can switch back to buying electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff.
All households can switch back to buying electricity from SP Group at the regulated tariff. Please check with your retailer on any early termination charges or other fees, before deciding to switch back.
4. You should not receive any unsolicited calls, messages or visits by any retailer.
For greater assurance, please register at www.dnc.gov.sg to be placed in the Do Not Call Registry. If you receive any unsolicited calls, messages or visits by a retailer, inform EMA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6835 8000.
5. Approach the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) for assistance on dispute resolution.
If you are unable to resolve any dispute with your retailer, you can approach CASE for assistance.
Hotline: 6100 0315 (Operating hours: Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm)