Retailers are required by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) to obtain your acknowledgement on the following Consumer Advisory before signing up with them.
- Switching to an electricity retailer is not compulsory. There is no deadline for switching, so take your time to understand your options before making a decision.
- Switching to a retailer will not affect your electricity supply. SP Group will continue to operate the national power grid and deliver electricity to you.
- There are two types of standard price plans:
- Fixed Price Plans are more suitable for consumers who prefer a constant electricity rate throughout the contract duration. The electricity rate may be higher or lower than the regulated tariff during the contract duration, as the regulated tariff is reviewed every quarter.
- Discount Off the Regulated Tariff Plans provide a fixed discount off the regulated tariff, but the electricity rates will change when the regulated tariff changes. These plans are more suitable for consumers who do not mind changes in electricity rates every quarter so long as it is lower than the regulated tariff.
- Before you sign up with a retailer:
- Read your selected price plan's Fact Sheet which summarises the key contractual terms.
- If you choose a contract with automatic renewal, the retailer must offer a renewed electricity rate that is lower than the regulated tariff at the point of renewal.
- Take note of the terms and conditions for any bundled products or services.
- Ask the retailer to explain the terms and conditions of the contract if you do not understand them.
- For any dispute with your contracted retailer, you can approach the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) for assistance.
- Website: www.case.org.sg
- Hotline: 9795 8397 (Operating hours: Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm)