- Purchase Options
- Making the Switch
- Metering Options
- Consumer Safeguards
- List of Retailers
- Price Comparison
Apply to Become Contestable as a Business Consumer
If you are a business consumer currently eligible to choose your electricity provider, you can apply to become contestable by downloading and completing this application form.
Your business is eligible if:
- Open Electricity Market has been extended to your area. You can check out the rollout schedule for more information; or
- Your average monthly consumption is at least 2,000 kWh (equivalent to a monthly bill of at least $400).
You may submit your completed application form through the channels below:
- Email a scanned copy of your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Request your retailer to submit the application form to SP Group on your behalf; or
- Fax your application form to 6304 8633.
Refer below for the list of documents which needs to be furnished together with the completed application form.
|Required Documents||Non-Residential Account|
|Under Personal Name||Under Company Name|
Copy of NRIC/Work Pass;
|Letter of Authorisation
||-||Required if signatory is not an authorised officer according to ACRA listing.
Note: The Letter of Authorisation must be completed by an authorised officer listed in the ACRA detailed Business Profile/BizFile. It should also be printed on the letterhead issued by the company, indicating the authorised signatory's name and his/her NRIC/FIN number.
|Latest ACRA detailed Business Profile/BizFile||-||✓|
|* Documentary proof of occupation of premises, e.g. Tenancy Agreement or property tax||✓||✓|
* Copy of Licence Electrical Installation (LEI) from Energy Market Authority (EMA), if the electricity load is above 45kVA
You can apply for LEI upon receipt of your MSS account number